I have a few DIY recipes that I use all the time – microwave yogurt, coffee creamer, and this eye makeup remover. In my college years, I used to get styes all the time. I think it was the stress I was under in those days because I rarely get them now – once every 5+ years or so. But back then, after getting so many of them, I finally went to my family doctor and he recommended using Tear-Free Baby Shampoo and water as an eyelid wash. That may also be why I never get them anymore. I guess I’ll never know!?!
Since that recommendation, I’ve morphed it into making my own makeup remover pads. I love them. They’re gentle and work exceptionally well at not only removing eye makeup, but facial cleansing, too. On top of that, it costs so little to make them and you probably already have the ingredients in your house!
- Ball Jelly Jars 8oz or Round Containers
- Large Round Cotton Pads
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Tear-Free Baby Shampoo
- 1/4 tsp Baby Oil
- In a large bowl mix together the Water, Shampoo, and Oil.
- Add enough of your solution to cover the bottom of your mason jar or container.
- Add approximately 10 pads and allow them to soak up the solution.
- Continue to add about 10 pads at a time pouring solution over each set to cover.
These also make nice gifts! If you’re thinking of making a batch of these for that purpose, here are some lovely (FREE) labels I have for you to print and use.