It’s that time of year when we all want something…something PUMPKIN! But if you’re like me, you aren’t quite feeling like traditional pumpkin fare, necessarily, just something different AND pumpkin-y! Well, I’ve got just the thing for us!
I know you’re probably surprised to see that picture of muffins up there because, as I’ve mentioned before, I usually do not like muffins. Personally, I think they’re dry and relatively tasteless or too typical – meaning they taste like cinnamon and that’s it. I really have to fight my way through them and will only do that if there’s nothing else to eat. Truly. I simply don’t like them.
Yet, I must say that this recipe is a huge departure from a typical muffin. It’s one of my most requested recipes each year. It’s also one I never give away. Yep, this is one of those recipes. I mean, just LOOK at these muffins! They’re beautiful, and I promise, they’re very tasty.
You’ll love these because they’re not overly sweet, and they’re pumpkin-y without being overpowering. Plus, they’re packed with streusel and glaze – my two favorite things. They’re also great to pack up and give as a Thanksgiving take-home gifts!
I also want to point out that, in this recipe, you’ll find other recipes you’ll want to keep for other various baking projects because they are must-have basics – streusel topping, vanilla glaze, and a DIY yellow box cake!
- Muffin Pan & Liners
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix or make your own If you use the box substitute, omit eggs, milk and sour cream.
- 1 - 15 oz can Pumpkin
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin, and spices.
- Fill liners 2/3 full of pumpkin cake mixture.
- Cover top with streusel - pressing it in slightly.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool muffins on wire rack.
- When cool, make glaze and drizzle over muffins.
- The glaze will form a nice crust after about an hour or so.
Be sure and take a look at all the great deals we've posted today here!