I sure hope you like citrus-y things because you’re stuck with them for the next couple of months! Lemon, Lime, and Orange, in that order, are my biggest cravings with this pregnancy. Most everything I eat has at least one of those in it. Boy, if you only knew how much I generally dislike all of those. Haha…I make my husband crazy with a bag of Starburst candies. I usually pick out all of the strawberry, then cherry, then orange, THEN lemon…Yep, that’s my order for everything. With any candy that has a lime flavor, it’s the absolute last thing I’ll eat. IF I eat it at all. I know…craziness.
Right now, though, I’m all about this cake! I DO actually love Orange Creamsicles, pregnant or not, and this is the yummiest cake version of that childhood favorite of mine. It’s a perfect spring and summertime dessert!
- 1 White Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 package Orange Jell-O
- 1/2 cup boiling Water
- 1/2 cup cold Water
- 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 13x9 pan with non stick spray.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using eggs, orange juice (instead of water) and oil.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until cake springs back when touched.
- Allow cake completely cool.
- Using a skewer, poke small holes all over the cake, piercing all the way to bottom.
- In a bowl, combine Jell-O and boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add cold water, mix well and slowly pour this mixture over the entire cake.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Combine the pudding mix, milk and vanilla and beat well.
- Fold Cool Whip into the pudding mixture and use it to frost cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Note: This recipe can easily be made sugar free. Use a box of sugar free cake mix, swap water for OJ, and use sugar free Jell-O orange gelatin, sugar free Jell-O vanilla pudding, and sugar free Cool Whip!Be sure and take a look at all the great deals we've posted today here!