His sister had anudder one she paid a quarter lime
She put de lime in de coconut, she drank ’em bot’ up…”
- 1¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons lime zest
- 4 Tbsp lime juice (1 medium lime)
- 1 teaspoons coconut extract
- ¾ cup Milk (whole)
- 8oz cream cheese (1 box), room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 Tbsp toasted coconut
- Small Lime slices (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate large sized bowl, whisk eggs and sugar.
- Add the oil, lime zest and juice, coconut extract, and coconut milk to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and lightly mix until blended.
- Fill each cupcake liner ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes
- Use a toothpick to test the center of a cupcake
- Allow cupcakes to cool to room temp before frosting
- Beat the cream cheese using a hand mixer, adding butter 1 Tbsp at a time on medium speed until all butter has been added.
- Add coconut extract and powdered sugar and mix until combined. Do not overbeat frosting.
- Fill Decorating Bag with frosting. You'll also need a Coupler and Wilton 8B Tip (or another tip) if you don't have them already.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and sprinkle of toasted coconut.