Quick healthy breakfasts on the go. Isn’t that what we’re all striving for? It’s no secret that having a good, nutritious breakfast is important for getting your day started well. It keeps your metabolism going, and encourages you to continue to make good choices throughout the rest of the day. And if you slip thanks to that afternoon slump? Well, at least you didn’t have a doughnut for breakfast AND chips at 3 o’clock, right? It matters. It all matters.
The problem in putting together healthy breakfasts is simply this: time. We just don’t have it in abundance. That’s ok! I’ve got a very nutritious, filling, homey breakfast that you can take on the go in a handy, reusable, BPA-free lidded container you may even already have. And if you don’t, pick up a pack of Ball Crystal Quilted Jelly Jars and mix up a bunch of these yummy Blueberry-Raspberry Overnight Oatmeal jars to get the whole family off on the right foot each morning. You can customize these any way you like, so you have a different taste experience each day. Be creative!
- 1/8 C. fresh raspberries
- 1/8 C. fresh blueberries
- 1/3 C. old fashioned oats (quick oats will get really soggy)
- 1/3 C. milk
- 1/3 C. Greek yogurt (you could also substitute regular vanilla yogurt and omit the honey if you prefer)
- 1-2 tbs. of honey to taste
- 1 8 oz. jelly jar w/ lid
- 1. Add the oatmeal, Greek yogurt, honey and milk to the 8 oz. jelly jar.
- 2. Put the lid on and shake well to mix all the ingredients.
- 3. When you're done shaking, remove the lid and add the fresh fruit.
- Replace the lid and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy in the morning.
- 1 8oz. jelly jar = 1 serving.