I love making Christmas gifts for people. No, not fruitcake. *barf* I make things like this Coffee Sugar Scrub! I have used this for a long time myself, simply because I love coffee, but it has a lot of health benefits as well.
First, coffee has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as caffeine, which helps reduce cellulite appearance by encouraging fat metabolism and fluid loss. Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil) is moisturizing. Sugar is exfoliating. It’s a win-win!
Why don’t you whip up some of this easy scrub for your friends and family this Christmas? Or anytime, really. It’s inexpensive and super easy to make.
- Ball Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars (set of 12 - 4oz each) or these container ideas
- 1 cup finely ground coffee (I like Starbucks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon - optional
- Pour sugar and coffee grounds into medium sized bowl.
- Mix in coconut oil (add more if you like a wet consistency).
- Add cinnamon and mix well.
- Place mixture in the jar.
- Add a label to the front and maybe a ribbon to gift.
And just for you, I’ve got some free printable Coffee Scrub Gift Labels to go with your wonderful creations!